Slip & Trip Injury
You may have slipped or tripped and been injured at work, or the accident could have happened elsewhere – for example, in the street, in another public place, or on someone else’s premises or land. These accidents can have an obvious ‘embarrassment’ element which can make people reluctant to claim, but they can also have serious consequences, especially for the elderly.
What types of slip and trip accidents can lead to successful personal injury claims?
No matter the location of the fall, if you have slipped or tripped due to the state of the surface in question, (i.e. if it is other than it ought to have been if proper care had been taken by the person or organisation with responsibility for it) you may have a claim.
Moray Claims has extensive experience of these types of claims, including:
- Slips and trips in supermarkets. Grapes and other soft fruit are a common cause of slips and trips can occur due to all manner of obstacles in aisles from pallets and roll cages to loose sections of shelving and refrigerated units.
- Tripping on uneven pavements. Local authorities must take reasonable care to see to it that roads and pavements are maintained so as to avoid tripping hazards. These claims are not generally straightforward because there are a number of different factors that all have to be in your favour before the claim will succeed. In addition, the budgetary constraints on local authorities are not helpful in persuading courts that it is realistic to expect a high degree of pavement and road repairs to be carried out. Nevertheless, if the defect that you tripped over had been in existence for more than a few months, was sufficiently large in size and no action had been taken to identify it or repair it, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
- Slipping on ice or snow in a public place.
- Trips and slips in the workplace.
How we help you
- In most cases you keep 100% of your compensation
- You pay nothing if you lose your claim
- Your claim handled by an expert personal injury solicitor
How much will it cost to claim?
In most cases – nothing. Moray Claims does not believe the individual who has suffered already should have to pay to recover compensation for their injuries and expenses. Therefore, you usually do not need to pay for our services. Whilst many claims companies and solicitors will make an additional charge for their services, we try our best not to do that. Click to see the section on claim process for full details of how this works.
Let us put you back on the road to recovery.
If you would like Moray Claims’ expert slip or trip injury accident claims solicitors – Marie and Peter – to help you with your claim please call us on 01343 544077 or send us a Free Online Enquiry and we will get back in touch with you as quickly as possible.
We are here to help you from 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday and between 9am-4pm Friday. Outwith these hours a Free Online Enquiry will usually get an initial response within a few hours.