What is APIL?
We mention them a lot on this website but what is APIL?
The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) is a not-for-profit organisation which fights for the rights of injured people.
One of its aims is to promote and maintain standards in personal injury legal services.
The Association campaigns for better laws to help those who become ill or who are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or breach of duty.
Go to the APIL website to find out more about the Association’s work and read the various booklets they have produced to help injury victims.
Peter Brash and Marie Morrison of Grigor & Young / Moray Claims are each accredited by APIL at Senior Litigator level.
APIL accredited lawyers will:
- act in your best interests
- obtain independent care and treatment for you
- provide clear and honest advice with your welfare in mind
What is the APIL quality mark?
APIL has worked on behalf of injured people for about 25 years.
The Association introduced a quality mark in 1999 to acknowledge standards of competence and expertise among members, independently accredited and monitored, with a recognisable logo.
Lawyers are accredited by APIL at three different levels – senior litigator, fellow and senior fellow.
The identification of experience, practical competence and specialist skills are key to the accreditation scheme.
The APIL promises
APIL accredited lawyers are dedicated to providing a high standard of service and offer you these assurances as part of APIL’s consumer charter:
- APIL lawyers will put your best interests first
- APIL lawyers will provide clear, impartial and honest advice about your case
- APIL lawyers will tell you if you have to pay anything to pursue your case and, if so, how much
- If you do have to pay to pursue your case, APIL lawyers will charge you a fair price with no hidden costs
- APIL lawyers will explain your legal position in plain language
- APIL lawyers who feel unable to deal with your case will act only in your best interests in suggesting a referral to another lawyer
- APIL lawyers will keep you updated about all aspects of your case
- APIL lawyers will consider other appropriate remedies as well as financial ones
- APIL lawyers will not cold call
- APIL lawyers will only publish advertisements that are accurate and truthful