Cyclists are vulnerable road users.
If you are involved in an accident as a cyclist, the injuries can be very serious.
We understand that you will need prompt, efficient and sympathetic attention. Within the firm of Grigor & Young, we have a number of keen cyclists and so we understand the issues and hazards that cyclists face in Moray on a day-to-day basis.
What kinds of cycling accident claims can we help you with?
Our specialist personal injury solicitors – Marie and Peter – have helped people following injury from a wide range of accident types, which include:
- Turning vehicles – especially lorries and other long HGVs. Lorries turning left whilst a cyclist is on their near side is a frequent cause of cycling accidents.
- Junctions, including roundabouts. Cyclists are frequently overlooked by other road users and, at roundabouts, you can be struck by a vehicle entering the roundabout whose driver has failed to see you are already established on it – or even struck from behind by a driver travelling in the same direction as you.
- Opening car doors. Often drivers do not pay sufficient attention when getting out of their cars – if a cyclist happens to be passing at the wrong time they can be knocked over, resulting in injury.
- Cycle paths. In Moray, many designated cycle paths have farm tracks or driveways across them, creating a risk of accidents caused by a vehicle turning across the path of a cyclist on the cycle path.
- Open road accidents. With so many 60mph rural roads, featuring tight bends and blind summits, Moray’s cyclists are exposed to significant risks where it’s not possible to use an adjacent cycle path. The road between Lossiemouth and Hopeman is a notable example.
How we help you
- In most cases you keep 100% of your compensation
- You pay nothing if you lose your claim
- Your claim handled by a specialist personal injury solicitor
How much will it cost to claim?
In most cases – nothing. Moray Claims does not believe the individual who has suffered already should have to pay to recover compensation for their injuries and expenses. Therefore, you usually do not need to pay for our services. Whilst many claims companies and solicitors will make an additional charge for their services, we try our best not to do that. Click to see the section on claim process for full details of how this works.
Let us put you back on the fast track to recovery.
What a client says
I was injured as a result of a road traffic accident at a roundabout in Elgin. I was already on the roundabout and I was knocked off my bicycle by a vehicle entering from one of the other roads. My injuries included a serious head injury and I was in hospital for several months.
I had never done anything like this before and had no knowledge of the process. I was just glad to be alive but knew somehow I had to get a solicitor to sort things out for a claim. Through my partner, I was able to set up the process with Peter Brash of Grigor & Young, Solicitors, Elgin.
The process, including the financial issues, was made very clear and easy to understand at every stage. Each possible obstacle was thoroughly dealt with and the backup information required was dealt with professionally, making it all very worthwhile. I’m very grateful to my partner for sourcing Peter Brash as the solicitor. With heart and soul, he liaised with me in order to achieve a gratifying settlement of what was a very complicated and disputed case from beginning to end.
The way I was dealt with all the way throughout the process and the way all the backup information was pieced together in preparation for a possible court hearing were important features of the service. It was helpful to be able to meet up with Peter in person whenever necessary. He had a clear understanding of the seriousness of my injury and got all the necessary reports to bring that out. Peter showed great determination at all stages and spared no effort in his attention to detail and accumulation of all the relevant evidence. He kept me up to date with progress at all times. As I say, it was a complicated case from beginning to end but, with great perseverance, it came to fruition and a settlement. I would thoroughly recommend Peter Brash unreservedly to anyone with a similar problem.
Get in touch with us
If you would like the specialist personal injury solicitors at Moray Claims / Grigor & Young – Marie and Peter – to help you with your cycle accident claim please call us on 01343 544077 or or send us a Free Online Enquiry and we will get back in touch with you as quickly as possible.
We are here to help you from 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and between 9am – 4pm on Friday. If you send us an online enquiry outwith these times, we will often get back to you within a few hours anyway.
The following articles on the Moray Claims and Grigor & Young websites discuss issues relating to cycle accident claims and bicycle safety, generally. You might find them helpful.