Listen to this podcast episode by clicking the ‘play’ button above – or download it for later. (Note: it has a short musical intro).
“No win-no fee” is the best-known way that solicitors handle personal injury compensation claims.
That’s all fine and well for you if your claim does not succeed – you won’t have to pay anything to your solicitor for his or her services.
But what about the situation where (as we hope) your claim is successful? How much will you have to pay out from your compensation to pay legal or other costs? Will you get to keep 100% of your compensation? Is that even possible?
In this episode of the Moray Claims podcast, Peter Brash of Moray Claims / Grigor & Young LLP answers these questions and others via an enquiry we received to the Moray Claims website:
If my legal expenses insurance (‘LEI’) doesn’t cover me for personal injury in a non-fault accident, how can you help me make a claim without losing any compensation awarded if I win or fees if I lose?
This question has a lot of parts to it and the issues we cover are:
- What exact type of legal expenses did the questioner have?
- Why did not provide cover for legal assistance with a personal injury claim?
- What other funding options would be available to a solicitor looking to this claim on?
- How would it be possible for a solicitor to run the claim in such a way that they would not require to charge anything to you directly for their services in the event of a successful outcome to your claim?
How we can help
We hope the explanation of these matters in the podcast is useful. A lot of folk find it hard to believe that not only is “no win-no fee” possible but so is “win – no fee”.
With many personal injury claims “success fees” mean you lose about 25% of your compensation if your claim succeeds. At Moray Claims at Grigor & Young we aim to provide local specialist advice in such a way that your personal injury claim costs you nothing whether you “win” or “lose”, helping you get your life fully back on track.
Free solicitor help with your personal injury claim even if your claim succeeds? Yes, it’s possible.
Where you have any questions about this podcast episode, or about anything relating to our personal injury compensation claims services at all, please get in touch with us. All enquiries are at no charge, of course, and there is no obligation to take things further with us.
You can contact either of Moray Claims / Grigor & Young’s specialist, accredited personal injury solicitors – Marie Morrison and Peter Brash – via 01343 544077. Alternatively, send us a Free Online Enquiry.
If you are considering making a claim, we will try to help you by taking your claim on directly, if that is realistic. However, if we don’t think we’re the best people to help you by taking you on as a client of Grigor & Young LLP – for whatever reason – we’ll give you our opinion as to what we think is in your best interests. We’ll help you identify someone who is best-placed to help you – probably a specialist solicitor who is appropriate to your circumstances and local to you.
Links you might like
- How does your solicitor get paid if they do not charge you anything for their work in making a personal injury claim for you?
- Free of charge help with your personal injury claim (even if your claim succeeds) – the article on which this podcast is based.
- Winning and losing your personal injury claim.